17th March 2019

By Clive Gray

We were all ready for our big departure at 1pm on Sunday, until the Harbour Master and yacht club started recording (un-forecast) 60 mile an hour winds at the harbour entrance and very heavy swells.

Our flotilla of small vessels was therefore cancelled and given that many of our crew had never sailed, both the risk and the unpleasantness of a first time experience like that forced us to postpone sailing. 

The up side was that we were able to get hundreds of well wishers who had come to the open day, on to the Williams II and despite the weather, a great day was had by all. 

Some of the crew were issued shore passes to sleep at home for one more night.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully the day we finally begin our voyage.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.