Both the course members and the Friends of Blyth Tall Ship are working Puddleduck at present, and have completed four other restorations, all funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
We do take on contract work as well. Call and ask for Jonny for a quote on 01670 352227.
A 14ft clinker built transom stern sailing boat built between 1948 and 1953. It is constructed from Larch on Oak frames with Sitka Spruce spars, joined using copper nails. The rig is standing lug sail with a steel centre board. We believe it is a Royal Northumberland Yacht Club one design boat and we aim to have it shown at Woodhorn Archive.
Click below to view the programme to restore the Sandpiper:
A 12ft clinker built, transom stern motor lunch, built in Mahogany with Oak frames, with a small oak fore deck. It was built in 1986 with a P55 Stuart Turner 5hp petrol engine with a 6’’ bronze prop. We believe it was used for transporting workers around the port from one side of the river to the other.
To be shown in our new museum
Click here to view the programme to restore the Motor Launch.
A 12ft quarter inch marine ply Clinker built racing dinghy with a quarter deck. She was constructed of Marine ply, glued, with Iroko transom and steel centre board between 1975 and 79 and her rig is ¾ Bermudan with alloy spars.
To be used via the yacht club and for events and open days.
Click here to view the programme to restore the National 12.
A 13ft cold moulded transom stern sailing dinghy constructed of 3mm agba veneers which have been epoxy glued, which was a relatively unusual process at the time of build (we believe the 1970’s again) and appears to be a Selway Fisher design. The rig is ¾ Bermudan with Sitka Spruce spars.
To be shown at Newbiggin Maritime Centre.
Click here to view the programme to restore the Prince of Wales.